Jesus said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed.” Luke 8 : 50
Below is a very short passage from Luke 8, but it has a whole lot of truth.
A man named Jairus, a synagogue leader, came and fell at Jesus’ feet, pleading with him to come to his house because his only daughter, a girl of about twelve, was dying. As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him. And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.
Jesus said, “Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.” Then the woman she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. Then he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.” While Jesus was still speaking, someone came from the house of Jairus, the synagogue leader. “Your daughter is dead,” he said. “Don’t bother the teacher anymore.”
Jairus fell at Jesus’ feet for his 12 years old daughter. Jesus filled with compassion started walking toward his house. But a lady who suffered by bleeding for 12 long years touched the edge of His cloak and a great miracle happened. But Jesus stopped and started enquiring who touched Him. Even the disciples told Jesus that there was a very big crowd pressing Him. Then the lady came forward and admitted that she was the one who touched and was healed.
Think of Jairus’ situation. If I were Jairus I would have begged Jesus, “It’s okay, she is healed anyway. Don’t waste the time. My daughter is already dying.” I would have not been impressed much by this brand new miracle. But Bible nowhere says that Jairus was impatient even when someone said that his daughter was dead. Jesus comforts Jairus saying, “Don’t be afraid; just believe. She will be healed.”
The 12 years girl already died. Everyone was wailing and was mourning for her. Later Jesus touched her and she was brought back to life. Another miracle happened!
- When the whole crowd pressed toward Jesus, the one lady who touched his cloak with faith was healed instantly. One simple truth is, Jesus loves you as if are the only person in the world. He takes care of you and your needs though you feel like you’re unimportant.
- Everyone knew that Jairus’ daughter was dead already. But Jesus told that she would be healed. This clearly tells that none of our situations are dead. They all can be healed if you and I fall at His feet. And your situations will be the medicine for someone else’ pain.
- 12 years long suffering has gone somewhere because Jesus was on the way to Jairus’ house. Don’t feel like you’re waiting for some miracle to happen for years. The miracle is on your way!
- I am impressed with the number 12. 12 years long suffering lady and 12 years old girl! Jairus’ prayer for his daughter brought healing not only to his daughter, but also to another woman who was suffering because of bleeding as much years as his daughter was. Today you may be suffering, but please invite Jesus! Not only your need will be met, the people around you will be touched by Him.
- Finally, Jesus is never late! His timing is perfect! The delay caused because of a lady was not a delay at all. It’s the beginning of bringing streams in the desert, roadways in the wilderness. It’s the beginning of impossibilities turning possible before your very own eyes.
All things are possible with God! Amen!